«1»
I looked at my fingers surprised at the white patch on my middle and index finger I studied it carefully, it was not scaly but I was scared it might be a nuisance when I have a go-see today.
I hurried to the bathroom and bathed then went downstairs for breakfast, mom was still in her room sleeping from her late night shift.
I breathed heavily as I walked into the agency, I greeted the receptionist returning the smile she had on her face with one of my bright ones, then hurriedly made my way to join the queue after she'd shown me where to go. “Good morning” I greeted the girl sitting on the chair before mine, she nodded but didn't even spare me a look I shook my head rolling my eyes, I wasn't going to allow any wannabe damper my excitement today, this was the headstart I needed to hasten the pace my career was going ; I needed to move from doing cover photos for small magazines, it didn't hold the intrigue it used to, I needed to be on bigger magazines and runway for the créme de la créme of the fashion world.
I held my portfolio tightly and closed my eyes offering a short prayer before entering the auditioning room.
I greeted the two judges with a small smile on my face , the first one smiled back "Good afternoon I'm Vanessa my colleague is Leah, will you tell us your name?" “I'm Wilhelmina Asare but I go by the name Mina” I replied as I handed my portfolio to her "Mina show us what you've got, walk back to the door and do a catwalk to that side" she asked pointing to the far end of the room.
I walked infesting years of training in it, they smiled and looked at each other "How long have you been doing this?" Leah asked quite impressed I smiled looking from one to the other "I've been doing this since I can remember" "OK go to the changing room back there and change into the couture dress we have shoes there too pick your size and come do another walk" I nodded and hurried to changing room and changed into the elegant backless el couture and heels. I came out and they both had their eyes fixated on me, "Show us if you can rock an El couture Mina" I looked ahead and pushed my shoulders back and cat walked to the other side then did the same walking back to where I started.
They were both giving me strange looks making the smile I was ready to give drop, "Did I do anything wrong?" I asked hesitantly my heart thudding "No sweetie" Vanessa the friendliest among them said "but it seems we might have a slight problem" they turned from me whispering to each other "Since when have you had that white thing on your fingers" she asked eyeing the white patch that covered my two fingers, I gave them a strained smile "Uhm I just saw it this morning" I was scared they'd deny me what I wanted, "And do you know you have the same patches on your back?" I shook my head vigorously and tried looking at my back to check it out myself "No need honey but I'd advise you come back after you've treated it, cos you have what it takes to be a super model" I swallowed hard and nodded, since when did this thing spread over my body without me noticing.
I went back to the changing room and changed back into my attire, and walked sadly home, I just hope this thing disappears soon.
*****
I went back home my ego totally deflated I've been practicing this since I was a kid watching every modelling reality show that aired on TV, I look up to super models like Naomi Campbell, Iman El Badwi, Tyra Banks, Adriana Ambrosia and the likes. I watched fashion shows and modeling reality shows religiously , I have the figure to be in the business, slim, tall and pretty even if I'm not super pretty. I gingerly wiped the angry tears that had begun falling from my eyes, I hope it's not anything serious and would disappear just as it has appeared on my skin, nothing was going to stop me from the modeling career I've always yearned for.
#Unedited
A/N
I've always wanted to be a model (wishful thinking) 😂😂 anyone who knows me knows that. So pals what do you think is Mina's problem. The modelling world is all about flawlessness, Need ur views.
No comments:
Post a Comment