Thursday, 8 September 2016

BEAUTY UNMASKED🎭

This one story is all about self love and knowing self worth not a romantic story,  sorry if that's not what you're looking for but I promise you'll not regret reading it. 😉.

                            «2»

I walked out of the doctor's office more confused than when I entered it,  I decided to go to the hospital mom works and it seems they didn't have a dermatologist so   the doctor gave me a referral note to the Central Hospital.  Mom was sad after I relayed what happened at the go-see to her,  she's always known I wanted nothing  than to be a model walking down the runway for the world's famous designers,  I huffed and rested my head on the bar of the trotro (ovan) I made mom inspect  the patches on my back immediately I got back from the go-see and she said it was two big white patches in my spinal area.

I fanned myself with the envelope in my hand,  I want this to be already done with.
I sucked in a deep breath and knocked on our front door mom didn't have work today she mostly visits friends on her day off but she promised to stay in I hugged her when she opened the door.  "How did it go what did the doctor say?" she asked in a rush I sighed and forced a smile on my face "I don't really know mom but he gave me a referral letter to the Central Hospital do you think is something severe? " I asked the latter frowning “Don't worry sweetie everything will be ok, it will all disappear before you know it, you still have those go-sees to go for don't stress yourself ok” she said rubbing my back in soothing circles.

I smiled mom always has words to encourage me,  I gently laid my head and closed my eyes daydreaming of how our life will turn out when I land the modelling job, God the trips, the dresses I'd wear and the photoshoots I sighed in content smiling like I already had what I wanted.

"I can see you're already dreaming about this modelling thing" I heard mom say snapping me out of my reverie, I fluttered my eye open smiling like a loon "I can't help it mom I love the job so much, you could tell the agency was really impressed with me yesterday but everything changed when they saw the white patch" I uttered my smile dropping when I remembered what happened  "It shall be well Mina" she encouraged shaking my arms.  She usually does that when she wants me to ginger up.  I chuckled and rolled off her lap walking to my room it's  been a long day and I still have to go to the hospital tomorrow.

****

I left for the hospital immediately after my morning devotion with mom,  the Central hospital is usually crowded,  so to avoid coming home late you have to go there as early as you can if possible at dawn,  I looked around at all those who were also going to  see the dermatologist one lady had this lump like things on her skin one looked like it was going to drop off anytime, I rubbed my arms and closed my eyes suddenly scared of what was yet to come.

The bell rang signaling the end of the doctor's meeting with the patient that had entered, I closed my eyes as the woman I sat next to entered the doctor's office.
I opened my eyes and sat up, tapping my feet on the ground,  I was growing impatient as time went by,  I jumped out of my chair when the bell rang again earning me dirty looks from some of the patients I smiled and  uttered a quiet sorry to them which I'm sure was heard by no one.

I smiled at the doctor and sat on the chair opposite his "Good morning sir" he nodded and replied smiling back.  "So I can see on your file that you have patches on your skin?" he asked I nodded and held my hand up showing him my patch covered fingers, he frowned as he studied my fingers "Is this the only part of your body that has a patch" "No I have some on my back but I can't see it myself" he nodded and scribed something on the file.

"Do you have family members with the same condition" I shook my head running through my mind to remember if I've seen any family member with the same condition.  "No I don't" I uttered.

"Do you or any member of your family have any autoimmune disease? " "No"

I was getting irritated with his questions "Did you have a rash, sunburn or any skin problem before the white patches appeared?" "No" I replied again I huffed this is really annoying.

"Did you have some type of stress or physical illness" I shook my head if only the stress I'm going through after discovering these patch can be considered a patch trigger factor.

"We'll ran some test on you we'll take a small biopsy of the affected skin and examine it, then run some blood test and eye test on you, go to the lab with this they'll carry it out you'll have the results in three days, well see you on Monday then" I nodded and rose from the chair, I made my way to the lab.

I cringed as my finger was pricked with the pin.

**

"I told mom all that happened at the hospital so do you think it's bad,  I don't like how I'm feeling" I sighed out rubbing my arms from the sudden goose bumps,  "its going to be ok" mom assured me on the phone,  the weekend had been filled with nothing but fear and anguish,  I had a call from Vanessa asking if I was ready to join them, she was quite disappointed when I told her I was still going under treatment, she said they'll employ someone as I worked on it. I lost all hope when she said that.

Why does everything in Africa has to be about queue I mean I had to join a queue when I was here to see the, and now I have to join a queue for a simple test result.

I swallowed hard as I walked to the doctor's office with the results in my hand, I was even afraid to open it.

I looked at him as he read the file,  "Wilhelmina the test shows you have Vitiligo" he uttered looking up from the file in his hand.


I blinked rapidly trying to fathom what he just said "What the hell did he mean by vitiligo?" I screamed in my mind.





###########


So fellas have you ever heard of vitiligo,  I have an uncle who has it buh he has it on his two fingers his index and middle finger.  Do you know of the condition?  Do you think modelling and vitiligo can walk hand in hand when all that Mina wants to do is modelling.

            ..                By : MEENA_DIASSO

No comments:

Post a Comment