By:Meena_Diasso
*7*
I looked stunned at the message on my phone I blinked numerously maybe I just wasn't getting things right "IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING!" I shouted in my brain, I furrowed my brows thinking really hard of the writing on the screen I squealed loudly mom rushed into my room "What's happening did you hurt yourself?" she asked looking me over and rolled her eyes when she saw the smile on my face "You know you've outgrown this act right?" she muttered turning away I was so overjoyed my tongue was somehow tied I ran to her and shoved the phone into her hands the smile on her face calmed me a bit, but her smile faltered a bit as she looked at me with a very serious look, "Are you really up for this?" she asked in a concerned voice. I returned her smile and nodded "I can do this mom, I'm so happy I've been called when I know there are numerous girls who'd like to be in my position some far beautiful than I am" I uttered in a voice thick with emotion as my eyes shined with tears.
I felt a bit giddy as I prepared to meet up with Soraya, "Hello Mrs Billings" I greeted as I made way to the sofa, "Aw sorry I can see you are excited today?" she asked clasping her hands tightly together, I smiled at her excitement I could tell mom had already told her what was happening but I'd still like to indulge her "So a little birdie whispered some good news to me but I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth tell me kiddo are the chirps really true?" I jumped from the chair and hugged her nearly knocking us over, "It's true this Kiddo here" I uttered pointing to myself "Has been called up by the biggest modelling show in Africa can you imagine I mean" I sighed and fanned myself from all the excitement "They called me up" I added in a strained voice bursting into tears, I felt her clasp her hands tightly around me "Congrats kiddo I know you're gonna nail it and definitely come out a winner of AFRICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL". I smiled at the thought of winning I'm surely gonna win "And you're a winner whether or not they name you one, with or without vitiligo cos you're Mina one of the smartest and most beautiful girls I've been privileged to meet" she whispered in my ear as if reading my thoughts.
***
Soraya joined me as I went to tell my group they were super excited for me, they threw a small backyard party for me.
I was very tired when I got home from all the dancing but luckily for me I had two days to prepare for the first screening there were lots of us so we had to be screened and then selected for boot camp, I swallowed as I made my way to the taxi, mom held my bag on her shoulder "Take very good care of yourself Mina and show them what you've got, I know you're gonna emerge victorious" she said hugging me tightly. "And one more thing they don't have to crown you a winner because you're already one from over coming vitiligo.
*
Sorry for the short chapter but the story is almost coming to an end plus I have another story which I posted on wattpad Unconditional love is really appreciate it if you vote and comment on the story.
Graçias amigos
Lots of love 😘 ,
Meena_Diasso
meenadiasso.blogspot.com
Honeys2016.wordpress.com
No comments:
Post a Comment